Car servicing to give you total peace of mind.
Keeping your car regularly serviced plays a critical role in keeping the resale value of your vehicle high as well as identifying potential mechanical problems before they happen. We believe there's no better place to have your car serviced.
Why pay the hefty prices associated with main dealers when our fully trained technicians can provide the same level of service - and use the same high quality parts - at a fraction of the cost of your main dealer?
Servicing your car during its warranty period:
If your vehicle is still in its warranty period, don't worry. Thanks to Block Exemption Regulations motorists can use any garage of their choice to service their vehicle without invalidating the manufacturer's warranty of their car.
Need a Reminder?
To save you from having to remember when your vehicle's service or MOT is due we keep a record of your vehicle's service history, so we can advise on future maintenance, and plan services to coincide with MOT tests.
Please call us for a price for servicing for your vehicle, as all vehicles are as individual as you are using different quality of oils, different filters, and different allocated times depending wether your vehicle is due an engine service, intermediate service or full service.
Call us on 01924 456666 to find out more.
Can RM Motors service my car during its warranty period without affecting the warranty?
Yes! In October 2003 European Union legislation, 'Block Exemption Regulations 1400/2002' (BER) came into force.
This ruling gave motorists more freedom in their decision as to who should repair and service their vehicles. Now any garage can be used to service your car without invalidating the manufacturer's warranty (subject to certain conditions).
This was as a result of four specific 'freedoms' that were introduced, aimed at safeguarding free competition in the entire market for vehicle spare parts, service and repair. These meant:
- Parts distributors can supply parts of the appropriate quality to dealers and authorised repairers without the vehicle manufacturer / assembler using 'dealer / repairer contracts' or other means to prevent them
- Parts manufacturers can no longer be forced by their original equipment (OE) contract to limit supply of parts to the vehicle manufacturer / assembler
- Parts manufacturers can supply OE products under their own brand so motorists and repairers will not feel they have to go to a main dealer for a certain part
- Anyone with a legitimate need for technical information has a right of access to it in a usable form and at a reasonable cost
Independent repairers CAN carry out normal maintenance and repair services during a vehicle's warranty period without invalidating the warranty conditions provided that:
- The service is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's servicing schedules and is recorded as such
- Any parts used are of 'appropriate quality' and are recorded as such
If you need any further information on this topic or if you have any evidence of vehicle manufacturers or their dealers infringing these rules, then please do contact the ADF office www.adf.org.uk